it's fun being a giraffe, don't u think :)
Here’s what to do with Ikea the Giraffe traveller:
- take fotografs with Ikea the Giraffe traveller in some picturesque location;
- upload the fotograf(s) somewhere they can be linked from. eg. your own personal site or blog, a photo site like flickr or picasa or even geocaching.com (you can add photos to logs – here’s a video tutorial how to do that);
- go to Ikea the Giraffe traveller trips map and add a waypoint with the photo(s) and your story to the map. here’s detailed explanation how to add a waypoint to the map;
- (optional) get the link of the map (click on the link icon on right-hand corner of the map and copy from there) and add it to your drop-off log on geocaching.com;
- thanks! all nice pictures and stories will be automatically featured in Ikea’s blog here at http://www.ikeathegiraffe.com/blog
First, make sure you have taken some fotografs with Ikea the Giraffe traveller :)
- go to Ikea the Giraffe traveller trips map
- click on the top of the left sidebar . small menu appears on the left corner of the map. (NB! You need to be logged in to google to see the edit button).
- scroll/drag/zoom on the map to the location you took the photo(s) at.
- pick (click on) the (blue) ‘pin’ from the small menu on the map corner and drop it (click again) to the correct location. a callout pops up.
- enter the title [NB! please add DATE at the end] and description in the callout - including your great story/few lines for others to understand where the photo has been taken. add the photo(s) via the ‘insert image’ icon (on the very right, just under ‘edit html’. if you don’t see the icon, make sure you have ‘Rich text’ selected from the options under the title). NB! you need to insert the direct links to each individual photos for this to work. (don’t know how to get direct links on geocaching.com log photo uploads? – check out this video tutorial.)
- make any adjustments if you like (not a must). also, you can change the pin icon to something else by clicking on the icon. you can add as many photos or text as you like. (NB! although the window is tiny, after you click OK and then “Done”, you will see everything as it really is.)
- after you are happy with the text and photos, click “OK“. you’ll see that your waypoint is now with the others on the left sidebar.
- click “Done” on the upper area of the left sidebar. you’re done!
- click on the waypoint either on the map or in the sidebar to see how it looks. you can edit it again by clicking again (step 2)
If this seemed like a lot of work, it’s not! Here’s a video showing all that in action:
- just send the text and photos with location details to ikea[at]ikeathegiraffe.com and we’ll post them for you!